You can learn to serve effectively among the Jewish people
When you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Jewish Studies from Moody Bible Institute, you will be equipped with all the necessary tools to serve effectively among the Jewish people. You’ll receive a well-rounded Jewish studies education that encompasses the Hebrew language, Jewish history, rabbinic literature, and contemporary Jewish literature and culture. Learn to focus on the Hebrew Bible’s foundation of faith and develop practical skills that prepare you to serve in a Jewish ministry anywhere in the world.
Your Jewish Studies Experience
As you study, you’ll:
- Learn the biblical Jewish roots to faith in the Messiah Jesus
- Examine the customs, traditions, history, thought, and literature of the Jewish people from biblical times to contemporary eras
- Gain a biblical theology of the Jewish people and understand God’s choice of Israel and the nation’s special role in God’s plan
- Develop the theories and skills necessary for contemporary service in the Jewish community
- Present the good news of Jesus the Messiah in a culturally sensitive way
- Put what you’re learning into practice at your PCM and during your internship
Meet your Intercultural Studies professors
Learn from faculty such as Dr. Michael Rydelnik, the program head of Jewish Studies and the son of Holocaust survivors. Study with Dr. Michael McDuffee, a professor of Theology, and Eva Rydelnik, who teaches a foundational course in Jewish culture and outreach. All of your professors have years of experience in education and Jewish ministry.
When you graduate with a BA in Jewish Studies, you’ll have the practical skills necessary for a wide variety of jobs. You can:
- Plant a congregation in a Jewish community
- Do outreach work to Jewish people
- Teach with a Jewish focus
- Serve in a Jewish ministry
- Participate in Israel advocacy
- Work with Jewish people anywhere in the world
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year. You’re only responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.